Fingerworks Old Support Forums Archive Home  
Fingerworks Old Support Forums Archive Fingerworks Old Support Forums Archive > Product Troubleshooting > Installation and Diagnostics > 1.5.0 R4F gone

Author
Thread   
eve

Location: now the forum is read-only, please come to: http://fingerfans.dreamhosters.com/

1.5.0 R4F gone

Hello

After installing 1.5.0, Lower-Row Chord is gone on both sides...a bit of a PITA but survivable

This is on Mac OS 10.3.5. I tried to redefine it and reload but to no effect.

cheers
eve

P.S. otoh, a lot of the spurious typing when trying to click is now gone...so I will stay with 1.5.0 despite the missing <option>-gesture

Old Post 10-08-2004 04:18 PM
BusError

hmm here the option chord still work, I use it all the time to type french accents etc : = option-e-e, , option-u-u

I'm also using 10.3.5

Old Post 10-08-2004 05:20 PM
eve

Location: now the forum is read-only, please come to: http://fingerfans.dreamhosters.com/

So, I played around with this a bit more and I managed to change the problem.
1. After the "vanilla" upgrade, I get shift on all row-chords (left and right hand)
2. as soon as I load my changes, I lose all row chords below the Shift-Chord

I found that setting programmer's punctuation with "US-Style" Modifier Chords produced situation 2 above.

Setting the Ley Layout to "International" produced option on upper-row chord, shift on home row and shift-option on lower-row and possibly also on spacebar-row

So, I then reloaded the firmware and reset everything that could have something to do with this problem and reloaded that. I ended up with most of my settings minus the settings on the "Typing" part of the feature selector. Here, I now set the enhanced modifier chords to the "US-style" option. Without setting the key layouts, I now reloaded and, surprise, I got my option chord back

Lastly, I now set the Programmer's Punctuation Pad, loaded that and...it didn't work. So...at this point, I had lost the programmer's pad and the numpad which produced nothing but a momentary freeze and the following msg in the log:

code:
DeviceAddedCallback(): iterator=1903, retain count=2 device be03 (TouchStream ST/LP ) found. DeviceAddedCallback(): iterator=1903, retain count=2 device bf03 (TouchStream ST/LP ) found. DeviceAddedCallback(): iterator=1903, retain count=2 device c003 (TouchStream ST/LP ) found. DeviceAddedCallback(): iterator=1903, retain count=2 device c103 (TouchStream ST/LP ) found. DeviceAddedCallback(): iterator=1903, retain count=2 device c203 (TouchStream ST/LP ) found. DeviceAddedCallback(): iterator=1903, retain count=2 device c303 (TouchStream ST/LP ) found.

I did try a few times

As the programmer's pad and the numpad is more important to me than having an option chord, I decided to reload the file that produced the missing option and go on from there. But that didn't seem to work anymore either
code:
AppleUSBOHCI[0x2a61000]::MakeDevice error setting address. err=0xe00002ed device=0x2d09d00 - releasing device

Maybe I should add that the diagnostics are always squeaky clean...

I then reverted to 1.43...pity but everything works again.

cheers
eve

Last edited by eve on 10-09-2004 at 10:30 PM

Old Post 10-09-2004 10:28 PM
All times were GMT.