Fingerworks Old Support Forums Archive Home  
Fingerworks Old Support Forums Archive Fingerworks Old Support Forums Archive > Product Troubleshooting > Installation and Diagnostics > Mouse/Pointer Not Working

Author
Thread   
matrixuser

Mouse/Pointer Not Working

I just installed (using the disc) the software for my igesture number pad (on XP). First, the computer didn't recogize that I plugged the USB in. So then I installed the software.

Seems like all the gestures work, but I can't seem to move the mouse/pointer. Is the Device Manager supposed to see the number pad as a keyboard or a 'mice and other pointing devices'?

Right now, the driver for 'HID Keyboard Device' is installed, but nothing under 'Mice and other pointing devices' (it only shows 'ps/2 compatible mouse').

And in the Device Manager, in the Human Interface Devices tree, under the fourth 'HID-compliant device' is 'Unknown device'. When I tried to update the driver for it I got this message: "The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry. This may be because the INF was written for Windows 95 or later."

Help!

Old Post 04-01-2005 11:52 PM
The Juggler

It should show as both; a keyboard device and a pointing device.

What operating system are you running?

I would suggest disconnecting the PS/2 mouse, to see what happens. (Switch the computer off before disconnecting or reconnecting PS/2 devices!)

Old Post 04-02-2005 12:28 AM
scanny

I have had similar symptoms when connecting through a USB 2.0 hub. If you're not already, definitely try connecting the USB connector directly to the socket on the computer rather than through a hub. On my machine (a ThinkPad T42) I've gotten back the USB port by connecting a USB 1.1 hub into the USB 2.0 hub and connecting the TouchStream to the 1.1 hub.

Old Post 04-04-2005 03:03 AM
matrixuser

Thanks for the replies!

I'm running XP.

I tried disconnecting the ps/2 mouse and it acted the same. I think it has to do with the install, since the computer doesn't recognize it as a pointing device. It's only installed as a keyboard.

The pad is connected directly to the computer and I'm pretty sure it has a 1.1 USB hub.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Old Post 04-04-2005 04:01 PM
The Juggler

Try telling it to remove the unknown device; or to install drivers for it, if there is an option to do that. Then reboot and cross your fingers...

Old Post 04-06-2005 11:56 AM
All times were GMT.